Financing is critical to the success of virtually any commercial real estate project. When representing a borrower, the firm's Real Estate Law Group takes particular care to see that the terms are appropriate and the documentation is fair in light of the particular needs and desires of the client. If the project runs into trouble, we use this same approach to negotiate an acceptable loan modification.
We also represent financial institutions making commercial loans. The Real Estate Law Group assists lenders in assessing potential transactions and associated risks, and in structuring and documenting loans. We pay close attention to the type and quality of collateral involved to make sure that the lender's interests are protected and that any issues related to the collateral are addressed. Not all projects are successful, however, and we assist lenders in restructuring loans if that becomes necessary.
Our focus in each relationship is to identify the important issues before they arise and to provide practical, long-term and integrated counsel—delivered with a valuable mix of business and legal sensibility.
- Representing a national bank in a variety of multifamily residential, biotech and retail construction and permanent loan transactions.
- Advising a regional bank in financing the construction of a new manufacturing facility for a lighting products manufacturer on the South Coast of Massachusetts. We also represented this bank in financing the acquisition of the manufacturing facility and several related commercial properties.
- Assisting a foreign bank with acquisition and construction loans in Massachusetts and New York.
- Helping real estate developers obtain financing for office, industrial, warehouse and residential properties.
- Representing real estate development companies in a wide range of construction and permanent loan financings for commercial and industrial projects.
An integrated approach to
serving the varied real estate needs of our clients from start-up developers to large corporations, lenders, nonprofits and families.
Mark B. Elefante
Mark B. Elefante concentrates his practice in the areas of real estate and business law, and also serves as a private fiduciary for family trusts.