Tax Planning and Reporting
Few issues that our clients face are without tax consequences. Whether it is:
- Legacy planning for family and charity
- Starting an annual giving program for children and grandchildren
- Selling a business
- Deciding when and how to take capital gains
- Structuring an executive compensation package
- Sorting through retirement options
- Starting a nonprofit or foundation
All of these, and more, have profound tax implications. Sound planning can spell the difference between a positive outcome and an ill-advised choice. Individuals and families, business enterprises and nonprofit organizations rely on Hemenway & Barnes for trusted advice on a host of tax choices and how best to make an informed, tax-advantaged decision from among the many options available.
From estate planning and estate administration to family business succession planning and charitable giving, our attorneys, trustees, and tax professionals provide clients with a holistic plan that is aligned with their needs and values.
Filing tax returns and staying current with the ever-changing opportunities and responsibilities takes a team of sound, knowledgeable advisors. Clients depend on our firm's in-house tax professionals who are well-versed in return preparation to assist with:
- State and federal income tax returns
- Trusts and estates taxes
- Gift taxes, generation-skipping transfer taxes, and charitable gift taxes
- Partnership returns
- Private foundations returns
- International tax reporting and compliance
Stephen W. Kidder
Stephen W. Kidder concentrates his practice in the areas of taxation and professional fiduciary services. Mr. Kidder counsels a number of New England’s leading nonprofit organizations in the areas of governance, regulatory and compliance issues. In addition, he serves as a private fiduciary for many family trusts. Mr. Kidder represents major professional sports players associations nationally on both state and local tax issues.