As businesses grow or downsize, their needs for space change. Landlords and tenants, therefore, often seek our counsel in leasing office, warehouse, industrial and retail space.
We focus on identifying important issues related to each client's particular needs and goals. Clients benefit when we ensure that these issues are identified and addressed in discussions about a potential lease and, ultimately, when a lease is drawn up.
- We represent a national bank in reviewing and advising on commercial leases for financing and refinancing office, retail, research & development, biotech, warehouse, industrial and other real estate developments.
- A state university relies on Hemenway & Barnes to negotiate its office, warehouse and storage leases.
- We represent a real estate developer in negotiating leases for newly constructed office and retail space in Cambridge.
- We represent an alternative energy developer in negotiating long-term leases with landowners for solar, wind and transmission projects.
- We represent an artist live-work community condominium and cooperative in leasing their adjacent retail space located in downtown Boston.
- A family trust holding a portfolio of commercial properties engaged Hemenway & Barnes to negotiate, draft and execute industrial and office leases.
- An automobile parts distributor hired us to help it lease 30,000 square feet of space for a new headquarters.
- A multistate corporation sought our assistance in negotiating leases with landlords for office space throughout the country.
- A local real estate developer of office, industrial and warehouse space hired Hemenway & Barnes to negotiate and prepare leases on its behalf.
- A Boston-based law firm hired Hemenway & Barnes to negotiate its sublease in a downtown office building.
- A non-U.S. tech company hired us to represent it in negotiating a new office lease for its expanding operations in Massachusetts.
- A biotech company engaged Hemenway & Barnes to negotiate a lease in East Boston for office use, research & development, and veterinary training.
- We represent the owner of a multitenant industrial building in South Boston in commercial leasing matters.
Mark B. Elefante
Mark B. Elefante concentrates his practice in the areas of real estate and business law, and also serves as a private fiduciary for family trusts.
An integrated approach to
serving the varied real estate needs of our clients from start-up developers to large corporations, lenders, nonprofits and families.