We understand that financing is fundamental to the success of any business organization. Our Business Law Group has decades of experience working with private companies and investors throughout the process. From selecting the best source of funds and negotiating terms through closing, Hemenway & Barnes' lawyers serve as trusted advisors in structuring sophisticated financings.
H&B advises a range of businesses and frequently works with both early-stage companies and their investors to structure equity deals that are mutually beneficial. We also represent borrowers and financial lenders in commercial real estate projects and other asset-based loans. Learn more about our commercial real estate financing experience here.
We are experienced in a range of financing transactions, including:
- Bank and other institutional loans
- Private placements of debt
- Private equity
- Venture capital
- H&B represents a European bank in acquisition and construction loans in Massachusetts, including the recent financing of a large office building in Greater Boston.
- An insurance company asked H&B to represent it in connection to its sale to a larger national enterprise.
- A registered investment advisor sought H&B's advice in negotiating a large investment by a private equity firm, which enabled the owners to cash out a portion of their equity.
- A start-up beverage company asked H&B to develop the financing terms and investment documentation for their Series A financing round.
- A private equity fund serving as lead investor in a benefit corporation retained H&B to conduct the due diligence and negotiate the financing documentation in this growing field of sustainable investments.
- An early-stage health payment systems technology company engaged H&B to help it through multiple rounds of venture capital-led financing.
Mark B. Elefante
Mark B. Elefante concentrates his practice in the areas of real estate and business law, and also serves as a private fiduciary for family trusts.