Teresa A. Belmonte advises closely held businesses, nonprofits, and individuals on business and real estate law matters. She has worked with many of her clients for more than a decade helping to position them for long-term success. Teresa also advises clients on real estate matters related to family estates and distinctive properties.
From serving as general counsel to advising on operational and governance matters, Teresa is skilled in all phases of business law. Her experience includes financing, mergers and acquisitions, shareholder and member issues, commercial transactions and licensing and vendor agreements.
Teresa's real estate practice includes advising owners of both commercial and residential real estate on acquisitions, sales, financing, and leasing. She is experienced in land use, environmental and permitting issues, as well as in negotiating construction contracts. Teresa is also well-versed in condominium and cooperative law.
Teresa’s nonprofit practice includes advising nonprofits on affiliations, mergers and acquisitions issues, including guiding them through the process with the Office of the Massachusetts Attorney General.
- Advises one of the major health insurance companies in Massachusetts.
- Created the agreement for and negotiated the affiliation of a major university in the Boston area with another nonprofit organization, as well as the affiliations of other Massachusetts nonprofit organizations.
- Acts as outside counsel for closely-held businesses.
- Assisted a developer in connection with a multi-use project, consisting of a hotel, restaurants and retail stores, including obtaining zoning relief, negotiating construction and architectural contracts, and leasing of restaurants and retail shops.
- Represents a European bank with loans to Massachusetts borrowers secured by real estate in Massachusetts.
- Assisted a Boston-based condominium association in negotiating and drafting engineering and construction contracts with outside contractors to stabilize pilings.