Donna A. Mizrahi concentrates her practice in the areas of real estate, probate, business, and appellate litigation. Donna regularly litigates boundary, easement, partition, and zoning disputes; will, trust, and estate disputes; guardianships and conservatorships; breach of contract and tort matters; and state and federal appeals.
Before joining Hemenway & Barnes, Donna spent four years working at a large, international law firm in Boston, MA, handling complex business litigation disputes in state and federal courts across the country. Donna also has substantial experience handling pre-litigation, mediation, and arbitration commercial disputes.
In addition, Donna worked as a staff attorney at Volunteer Lawyers Project in Boston, MA, representing low-income clients in a range of family law and guardianship matters.
- Obtained summary judgment for residential property owners in Land Court on the ground that a protective covenant agreement affecting all owners in a subdivision did not create an affirmative view easement burdening the clients’ property.
- Participated in mediation of intra-family dispute to successfully settle partition claim of a single-family home.
- Represented a client in Probate Court regarding allegations of undue influence and lack of capacity in connection with changes made to a family member’s estate plan.
- Successfully sought adult child’s appointment as mother’s conservator in Probate Court and received financial reimbursement from a department store pursuant to G.L. Chapter 93A on mother’s behalf.
- Obtained favorable result for publicly-traded company in breach-of-contract arbitration dispute with national bank.
- Successfully appealed to the Massachusetts Appeals Court a Superior Court decision affirming a conservation commission’s denial of a property owner’s notice of intent to construct a beach-access walkway within a resource area protected by the Massachusetts Wetlands Protection Act.