Steve Mangold is an associate in the Business Law Group at Hemenway & Barnes with a focus on real estate transactions. He represents businesses and nonprofit organizations in commercial real estate matters ranging from office and retail space to multifamily housing developments. His experience includes acquisitions and sales, development, construction, leasing and financing. Steve also advises individuals, families and trusts in the purchase and sale of residential and vacation properties.
- Counseled a nonprofit and affiliated youth training program in its acquisition of a commercial building for an expansion facility.
- Represented a family trust in closing the sale of a multi-million dollar residential property.
- Successfully negotiated a purchase agreement for a major manufacturing firm to acquire land for developing a new facility.
- Represented homeowners in selling coastal property to a neighbor along with rights to a nearby beach.
- Represented a nonprofit corporation in acquiring and financing a condominium unit for additional office space in a renovated historic building in Boston.
- Negotiated a commercial lease on behalf of a building owner/developer for more than 40,000 square feet of office space in a newly developed urban office building.
- Represented a non-U.S. tech company in negotiating a new office lease for expanding its operations in Massachusetts.
- Represented an alternative-energy developer in negotiating long-term leases with landowners and tax agreements with municipalities for multiple solar energy generation projects.
- Represented national and regional banking institutions in construction and permanent financing arrangements for commercial real estate development projects.