John J. Siciliano is chair of the firm’s Business Law Group. He advises privately held businesses, nonprofits and individuals in business and real estate matters. John serves as general counsel for many clients, providing timely advice on day-to-day matters while also keeping an eye on long-term objectives.
Representing family and other owner-led businesses in all stages of growth, John frequently assists companies with formation, equity and debt financing transactions, mergers and acquisitions, technology licensing, corporate restructurings, compliance, and general commercial agreements. Additionally, John counsels businesses on succession planning, including multigeneration shareholder agreements and governance principles.
John also counsels developers and lenders in commercial and residential real estate development projects. He is experienced in all phases of development, including negotiating and drafting agreements, acquisitions, financing, permitting and construction.
Additionally, John represents high-net-worth individuals in their business ventures and private investments.
John is also a Senior Vice President and Compliance Director at Hemenway Trust Company, a private fiduciary firm based in Salem, New Hampshire.
- Representing private equity firms in acquisitions and investments in businesses in various industries, including conducting due diligence and negotiating transaction documents.
- Serving as general counsel to an SEC-registered investment advisor with approximately $2 billion in assets under management. H&B created and maintains compliance policies and procedures and organizes and maintains the company’s pooled investment vehicles, which includes drafting private placement memorandums, governing documents and securities law compliance policies.
- Negotiating and documenting the buyout of the senior founder of a successful family business by the next generation in a complex, long-term purchase involving business and real estate assets.
- Representing a real estate developer in the acquisition and development of multifamily and commercial projects in the Boston area, including permitting, financing, construction, and leasing.
- Organizing nonprofit corporations and representing them in various transactions, including sale of assets.