Mary T. Healey
Mary T. Healey has worked in estate administration for over 30 years. Mary is responsible for all aspects of estate administration and the probate process.
Mary T. Healey has worked in estate administration for over 30 years. She assists clients through an often complicated and emotional process of settling a loved one’s estate. Mary is responsible for all aspects of estate administration and the probate process, including federal and state estate tax preparation, post-mortem tax planning, trust funding, allowance of accounts, and probate matters such as guardianships and conservatorships.
Mary’s experience has included the administration of estates of varying sizes and complexities including:
- Guiding clients through the complicated process of probate of the will and administration of the estate including collecting and managing assets, bill payment, budgeting, management and sale of homes, and distribution of the estate to beneficiaries in accordance with the terms of the will and trust.
- Settling cross-border estates for U.S. citizens living abroad or with assets outside the U.S. and foreign nationals with assets in the U.S.
- Working with attorneys in the successful resolution of federal and state estate tax audits.
- Implementing sophisticated estate plans after death through funding of trusts and post-mortem tax planning.
- Significant knowledge of the Massachusetts Uniform Probate Code and the procedures for probating a will, appointing the Personal Representative, allowance of accounts, and Guardian and Conservator appointments for minors and the elderly.
“Every client I serve in Estate Administration is dealing with the loss of a loved one. He or she is going through the stages of grief, sometimes over a period of months or possibly years. It’s my job to support this person – to hold them up and to solve their issues. I assist them in successfully navigating the probate process. I strive to relieve my clients of their worries by dealing with appraisers, real estate brokers, financial advisors and accountants. I enjoy bringing my 30 plus years of experience to stand by their side during this challenging chapter.”
— Mary Healey’s Comment on Estate Administration