Charlie Platt works with individuals and families on their personal planning and wealth management needs, including estate and charitable planning, probate and trust administration, and serving as trustee. With an eye toward the efficient transfer and preservation of wealth, he focuses on estate, gift, generation-skipping, and income taxes.
Before joining Hemenway & Barnes, Charlie spent seven years working at a large New York law firm, and he continues to serve both Massachusetts and New York clients.
- Creating and administering estate plans with an emphasis on practical solutions tailored to the individual family’s needs.
- Advising families on wealth transfer and tax planning strategies, including generation skipping transfer (GST), gift, and estate taxes, and charitable giving.
- Developing strategies for insurance planning, private equity and hedge fund interests, and transfers of real estate.
- Advising privately held businesses on succession planning.
- Serving as a private fiduciary for individual, family and charitable trusts.
- Assisting with all facets of probate and estate administration.