Take Steps Now to Comply with the Massachusetts Paid Family and Medical Leave Law
Deadlines for compliance with key provisions of the Massachusetts Paid Family and Medical Leave (“PFML”) law are fast approaching after a three-month delay. Employers should act now to ensure they are ready to comply.
Continue reading to see upcoming deadlines and to learn answers to frequently asked questions such as:
- When can workers start taking leave and what benefits will they be entitled to receive?
- How is the PFML program funded?
- Which employers are covered and what are their responsibilities regarding PFML contributions?
- Which workers must an employer count when it calculates the size of its Massachusetts workforce?
- Are any types of employment excluded from coverage?
To read the full advisory, please click here.