Managing Business Risk in the COVID-19 Era: Contracts and Insurance Trends
Organizations are facing increased liability and risk exposure in the time of COVID-19. Join us as we explore the legal and insurance ramifications of managing business risk in the current environment and mitigating risk in the future.
Key topics to be discussed:
- What if you are unable to meet your contractual obligations because of disruptions related to the pandemic?
- What should you consider when entering into new contracts?
- What insurance coverage is available for claims related to COVID-19?
- What should you consider when reopening your business?
James Burke, Vice President and Sr. Risk Consultant, HUB Risk Services Division
Jim Burke is a Vice President and Sr. Risk Consultant for the HUB Risk Services Division. He has over 30 years’ experience in professional safety and risk control consulting with direct, practical experience in a broad range of diversified business operations.
Michael Kelley, AIC, ARM, Sr. Vice President - Director of Claim Operations, HUB International, New England
Michael Kelley currently serves as Senior Vice President and Director of Claims Operations at HUB International New England. As the Director of Claims Operations, Michael manages an advanced technical team of claim professionals for one of the largest insurance brokers in New England. He also provides support and technical guidance to a wide variety of employers across the region.
Nate McConarty, Business Law Attorney, Hemenway & Barnes LLP
Nathan McConarty is a business law attorney at Hemenway & Barnes LLP. He concentrates his practice on the representation of businesses in all stages of their corporate growth, including debt and equity financings, mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructurings and other general commercial transactions
John Siciliano, Chair - Business Law Group, Hemenway & Barnes LLP
John Siciliano advises privately held businesses, nonprofits and individuals in business and real estate matters. John serves as general counsel for many clients, providing timely advice on day-to-day matters while also keeping an eye on long-term objectives.
- Additional Guidance on Force Majeure as COVID-19 Restrictions Ease, Hemenway & Barnes
- Managing Contractual Relationships During the COVID-19 Crisis: Force Majeure Clauses and Other Approaches, Hemenway & Barnes
- Back to Business Playbook: Compliance and Risk Management Considerations During the COVID-19 Pandemic, HUB
- HUB International Coronavirus Resource Center
- COVID-19 Updates from Hemenway & Barnes