Hemenway & Barnes Recognized as a Leading Firm for Private Wealth Law
Hemenway & Barnes has been recognized by Chambers and Partners, as a leading law firm in Chamber’s 2022 High Net Worth (HNW) Guide. The Guide provides in-depth editorial about the leading lawyers and law firms for wealthy individuals and families. This is the fifth year Hemenway & Barnes has been included in the Guide.
Brad Bedingfield and Joseph Bierwirth were also featured as Notable Practitioners.
- Brad Bedingfield has considerable experience in philanthropic planning for high net worth individuals. One commentator notes, "He's so bright; no matter is difficult. Five minutes on the phone, and he can get anything." Bedingfield has been recognized in previous editions of the Guide with interviewees saying, “He does remarkable work in charitable planning and trusts and estates.” “He is a tax guru.” “He gives good advice to clients and he's comforting so people connect with him."
- Joseph Bierwirth, chair of the firm's Litigation Group, is recognized as a leading lawyer in the area of private wealth disputes and noted for his mediation practice. Bierwirth was also recognized in the 2021 Guide with an interviewee stating, "He's an excellent lawyer for probate litigation [ . . . ] He is a pleasure to work against in court. He is a really good trial lawyer and knows this area extremely well. He is certainly a top player in the Boston market. He is certainly someone I am happy to recommend."
Read the full editorial in Chambers 2022 High Net Worth Guide.
Law Firm Ranking
- Private Wealth Law – Massachusetts
- Brad Bedingfield – Private Wealth Law - Massachusetts
- Joseph Bierwirth – Private Wealth Disputes - Massachusetts