Hemenway & Barnes Recognized as a Leading Firm for Private Wealth Law
Hemenway & Barnes has been recognized by Chambers and Partners as a leading law firm in Chamber’s 2021 High Net Worth (HNW) Guide. In the Guide, Chambers noted the firm’s long-standing reputation in the local market, with one interviewee observing, "They do both high-end planning and probate litigation. They are very good lawyers." Another source remarked, "I have always really liked and admired their practice. I think they are a good shop, I have always held them in exceedingly high regard. They just do things right."
- Brad Bedingfield has considerable experience in philanthropic planning for high net worth individuals. One commentator states: "He is a really strong lawyer, particularly for philanthropic planning. I am always happy to go to him with charitable projects that we don't have the expertise to deal with." Another commentator notes: "Brad has an academic mind that is just great. He does remarkable work in charitable planning and trusts and estates. I think he is just a very smart guy, very personable and very active in educating the people around him."
- Joseph Bierwirth is a private client lawyer with a particular focus on private wealth disputes. One source observes: "He really knows his stuff, he has a lot of experience and is a very effective litigator." "He's an excellent lawyer for probate litigation," states an interviewee, adding: "He is a pleasure to work against in court. He is a really good trial lawyer and knows this area extremely well. He is certainly a top player in the Boston market. He is certainly someone I am happy to recommend."
The Guide provides in-depth editorial about the leading lawyers and law firms for wealthy individuals and families. Read the full editorial in Chambers 2021 High Net Worth.
Law Firm Ranking
- Private Wealth Law – Massachusetts
- Brad Bedingfield – Private Wealth Law - Massachusetts
- Joseph Bierwirth – Private Wealth Disputes - Massachusetts