A Suite of Family Office Services
At Hemenway & Barnes, we offer a full range of family office services including:
- Wealth Preservation including portfolio investment, fiduciary services, trust administration, oversight of outside managers, performance reporting and review integrated tax reporting
- Wealth Transfer Planning including estate planning and administration, tax planning and return preparation, family gifting/loans, planning for family lands, tangible property and collections, risk management, special needs/disability planning and financial planning
- Family Education and Governance including family meetings to promote harmony and coordinate outside advisors, wealth education of children, marital agreements, and advice and education regarding aging family members
- Philanthropic strategies including program design, grant-making services and administration to optimize your philanthropic efforts and advising on various giving structures, such as private foundations and donor-advised funds
- Legal Services including residential real estate, personal litigation and dispute resolution, will contests, tax audit representation, guardianships and conservatorships
- Support for Business Owners including advising on a full range of closely-held business issues, such as succession planning, the sale of a business, and investment issues that follow a favorable liquidity event
- Household Management including bill paying, mail, budgeting and cash flow analysis, hiring and managing contractors and household staff
The range of services provided depends on the goals and needs of each family.
Whether you seek one targeted solution or a broader scope of advice, we offer customized insights, specifically tailored for the unique dynamics of your family.
A Tailored Approach
Operating a single-family office can be complicated and costly. This is why Hemenway & Barnes offers an alternative, multi-family office platform for clients.
We work with families to assess the many factors involved in making the very personal decision to establish a family office, including size of the asset base and family dynamics. Regardless of which path you take, the attorneys, trustees and philanthropic advisors at Hemenway & Barnes listen well, take the time to understand your personal situation and customize an approach that’s right for you.
Learn more about our Family Office Services.
Nancy B. Gardiner
Nancy Gardiner advises multigenerational families on wealth management, tax and legacy planning strategies that support their goals and values.