Trust Operations and Web Portal Manager
The Trust Operations and Web Portal Manager will serve as the initial point of contact for internal and external users of the Hemenway & Barnes on-line portal. The role will maintain accurate client data, review daily transaction entries and work to improve the use of Trust Accounting and other related software. Will perform analysis of current trust related processes, makes recommendations, and implements approved special projects. Will perform various operational functions as assigned by the Trust Operations Manager.
- Serve as initial point of contact for external and internal users of Hemenway Access, our client and advisor portal, providing credentials, training and acting as an escalation point for basic troubleshooting.
- Work closely with InvestCloud, our website vendor, specific to on-going maintenance of the site and development of enhancements and improvements to all portals. Serves as the lead project manager of all upgrades and enhancements to the portal. This includes regular conference calls and attending vendor held user groups and client conferences.
- Responsible for the daily reconciliation of the advisor and client portal, making sure that the correct amount and type of transactions have posted, the holdings file is verified, and the realized gain and loss transactions are correct.
- Responsible for all aspects of the opening, maintenance and closing of client accounts
- Responsible for assembling account opening packages, scanning, bookmarking and adhering to existing Trust Department file maintenance standards.
- Review and approve daily transactions including but not limited to Fed Wire, ACH and bank checks.
- Responsible for uploading universe of statements into the on-line portal.
- Along with the Trust Operations Manager, shares responsibility for performing AML, OFAC and other Watchlist Compliance monitoring.
- Work with Trust Operations Manager on analysis and research of any issues, maintain contact with vendors to resolve issues, and maintain a log of issues and statuses.
- Review daily data process for reporting consequences/issues. Recommend changes as appropriate.
- Assist Trust Operations Manager to review procedures and practices for evaluation of sound business continuity preparation.
- Knowledge of accounting, tax and financial management principles at a level normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent.
- Approximately three to five years of on the job experience necessary to demonstrate an understanding of trust accounting policies and procedures.
- Must understand general trust terminology and have basic ability to interpret Trust Instruments.
- Ability to demonstrate advance capability with Microsoft Office applications, as well as Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to demonstrate impeccable integrity in personal and fiduciary matters.
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate with a diverse group of attorneys and staff and provide information and “customer service” with ordinary courtesy and tact.
- Ability to retrieve and distribute print volumes weighing up to 20 pounds, and ability to retrieve and replace objects from shelves of up to 8 feet high.
About Hemenway & Barnes LLP:
Hemenway & Barnes LLP is a law firm specializing in the preservation and management of the personal, business, family, and financial assets of its clients. As one of the oldest firms in New England, the people at Hemenway & Barnes have earned a long-held reputation as premier trustees, advisors and attorneys.
Hemenway & Barnes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
We encourage applications from a diverse pool of candidates and base employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications.
We support an inclusive workplace and are committed to creating a welcoming environment for all employees.
If you possess the skills and credentials we are looking for, please submit your resume and cover letter, in strict confidence, for consideration to [email protected]