The Tax Accountant is responsible for the preparation of individual and fiduciary income tax returns as well as preparation of returns for estates, exempt organizations and partnerships. Maintains positive contact with trustees, attorneys and staff and observes confidentiality of client and firm matters.
- Prepare individual, trust and estate, fiduciary, partnership, corporate, sub-chapter, non-resident, private foundation and gift tax returns on the CCH Axcess Tax application. Maintain tracking records in CCH Workstream.
- Review trust tax returns and fiduciary accounting transactions on the OneSource Trust Tax application. Maintain tracking records in Onesource.
- Work closely with clients and H&B partners to develop relationships and ensure the clients’ needs are being met.
- Prepare and review quarterly estimates and tax projections as necessary.
- Review tax notices and correspond with tax authorities to resolve any discrepancies.
- Research tax matters, update client tax files with relevant findings and keep up to date with changes in tax law.
- This role reports directly to the Director of Tax Services.
- Work requires seasonal overtime.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance is preferred. Enrolled Agent credential or Certified Public Accountant license is required.
- Approximately 5+ years of progressively responsible tax related work experience in order to gain the expertise to prepare and sign tax returns for individuals and trusts.
- Demonstrates impeccable integrity in personal and financial matters.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and to prioritize work to meet mandated deadlines.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate with a diverse group of clients, trustees, attorneys, and staff to provide information and service with courtesy and tact.
- Proficiency with Adobe Acrobat and MS Office, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of the CCH tax program is preferred; knowledge of OneSource Trust Tax is a plus.
About Hemenway & Barnes LLP
Hemenway & Barnes LLP is a law firm specializing in the preservation and management of the personal, business, family, and financial assets of its clients. As one of the oldest firms in New England, the people at Hemenway & Barnes have earned a long-held reputation as premier trustees, advisors and attorneys.
Hemenway & Barnes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
We encourage applications from a diverse pool of candidates and base employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications.
We support an inclusive workplace and are committed to creating a welcoming environment for all employees.
If you possess the skills and credentials we are looking for, please submit your resume and cover letter, in strict confidence, for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.