Senior Director of Operations
The Senior Director of Operations will support substantive work across client service departments by coordinating operational aspects of each area's work. Will be responsible for anticipating and monitoring firm needs across departments and developing proposals to meet those needs. The Senior Director of Operations will manage operational aspects of cross-departmental collaboration, with a view to improving communication and productivity internally.
- Assist with implementing firm wide strategy set by the Partners, including coordination of operations across departments.
- Assists CAO in monitoring the business performance of the Tax Services, Trust Administration and Operations, Family Office and Philanthropy departments.
- Undertakes a comprehensive review of needs related to operational functions across departments and make recommendations to address those needs.
- Identifies and tracks key performance indicators relative to operational functions across departments.
Policies and Procedures
- Oversees department directors to develop and implement policies related to operations, and to ensure compliance with policies related to operations.
- Develops procedures related to operations and communicates these procedures to the firm.
- Periodically review and recommend changes to operations policies and procedures.
- Directly supervises the following departments: Tax Services, Trust Administration and Operations, Family Office and Philanthropy. Synchronizes operational aspects of work with Legal Services, Investments/HTC, IT, Finance and Risk Management.
- With assistance, responsible for recommendations for new firm processes and technologies.
- Balances needs and priorities across departments to ensure they work together to keep client projects and the operations of the business on schedule.
- Ensures that department Directors collaborate with one another when a project requires it.
- Knowledge of operations and financial and wealth management principles in order to provide oversight for the firm’s client service departments at a level normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s degree in finance, operations, business management or equivalent experience; preference for advanced education including MBA.
- Approximately fifteen years of progressively responsible related work experience necessary in order to gain the expertise needed to manage complex financial, tax, legal and banking operations in a professional services firm. At least ten years’ experience with significant managerial and supervisory responsibilities.
- Ability to manage varying directors within their own specialty area while working across services. Provide intellectual leadership while driving collaboration and alignment across teams
- Familiarity with basic principles of law relating to tax, trusts and estates.
- Ability to demonstrate impeccable integrity in personal, legal and fiduciary matters.
- Ability to evaluate and work with existing and new technology to leverage firm assets and streamline operations. Ability to provide technical solutions that can work across fiduciary services.
About Hemenway & Barnes LLP:
Hemenway & Barnes LLP is a law firm specializing in the preservation and management of the personal, business, family, and financial assets of its clients. As one of the oldest firms in New England, the people at Hemenway & Barnes have earned a long-held reputation as premier trustees, advisors and attorneys.
Hemenway & Barnes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
We encourage applications from a diverse pool of candidates and base employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications.
We support an inclusive workplace and are committed to creating a welcoming environment for all employees.
If you possess the skills and credentials we are looking for, please submit your resume and cover letter, in strict confidence, for consideration to [email protected]