Legal Administrative Assistant
Support the delivery of quality legal services to clients by providing specialized administrative and secretarial assistance to assigned attorneys and legal personnel pertaining to all aspects of the Private Client and Estate Planning practice areas. Assignment involves multi-tasking, complex document production, heavy administrative functions, and client contact, and requires a high degree of executive secretarial and technical skills. Our Legal Assistants support two-to-three attorneys or other legal personnel as a primary assignment and provides back-up support to other legal personnel as requested. The right candidate will demonstrate professionalism in all internal and external interactions with clients, co-workers and third party affiliates. The position maintains strict confidentiality in all client and firm matters.
A successful candidate will possess the following skills:
- Associate degree or better and three or more years progressive legal secretarial experience preferably in the estate planning practice area.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Also Adobe Acrobat, Visio and comparison software.
- Notary public certification preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills including file maintenance and billing preparation.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. Ability to communicate with courtesy and diplomacy. Efficiently follow written and verbal instructions. Maintain effective relationships with a diverse group of attorneys, clients, staff and outside contacts with discretion and strict confidentiality.
- Applicant must be a dependable team player who works collaboratively and cooperatively with others in a team-oriented environment. Volunteers to assist with overflow assignments. Exhibits a positive, supportive attitude at all times. Ability to act independently and make decisions within the scope of the position’s responsibilities.
Hemenway & Barnes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
We encourage applications from a diverse pool of candidates and base employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications.
We support an inclusive workplace and are committed to creating a welcoming environment for all employees.
If interested, please send your resume to HR@hembar.com