IT Senior Support Specialist
The IT Senior Support Specialist is responsible for providing the highest level of service and technical support for the firm’s professional and administrative staff, and occasionally firm clients. This support will be performed in person and remotely by walk-up, desk-side, electronic means, and telephone interaction. They will be subject matter experts for the firm’s application portfolio, including a Microsoft Windows and Active Directory environment, Document Management, O365 applications, and other desktop and supporting systems. They will maintain positive contact with attorneys and staff and observe confidentiality of personnel and firm matters.
- Actively acknowledge and provide a timely response to all service desk calls, emails, and walk-ups at the service desk for onsite and remote users.
- Resolve software and hardware related computer system issues that include but are not limited to printing, remote access, antivirus, office support, phone, mobile application, document management, network account and logon issues.
- Use the service desk portal to create tickets, clearly document, track, update, and close, while continuously keeping the end-user informed of their issue’s status.
- Maintain a CMDB and service desk log to identify recurring or chronic software or user problems and work with IT staff to develop and implement a plan to resolve said issues.
- Provide subject matter expertise and support for the firm’s computer hardware, operating system, and applications software portfolio.
- Develop sufficient knowledge of the network and server systems, and security tools to provide backup support when team members require assistance.
- This candidate must be familiar with and capable of backup and file restoration techniques.
- Inform team of potential or actual IT issues in the environment by immediate escalation.
- To assist in identifying and recommending better practices and workflows to streamline operations at the service desk, within IT, and while supporting the end-users.
- Develop and maintain documentation used by the service desk and IT personnel to support the firm and its clients.
- Develop and maintain training manuals and quick reference guides for the firm’s end-users.
- Develop and provide metrics and reports from the firms service desk application
- Collaborate in the development and maintenance of IT policies and procedures.
- Provide weekly status reports outlining accomplishments, open items, and issues to team leaders.
- Associate’s or Bachelor's degree in a computer related field or equivalent experience preferred.
- Extensive end-user software application experience is a must. Previous law or financial firm experience preferred.
- Strong customer service ethic is crucial to the success of this candidate. This role supports the firms key stakeholders and thus its revenue stream. This candidate will thoroughly understand the level of handholding, ownership, and follow through that is required by the firm and its attorneys.
- Exhibit a professional demeanor and have excellent written and oral communication skills along with strong interpersonal skills.
- Candidate must be patient and have the ability to gauge the end-user and their abilities while solving technical issues so not to speak above or below them.
- The ability to learn software quickly and apply their knowledge to support users.
- Ability to organize, follow guidelines and procedures, coordinate and monitor activities relating to user needs.
- This individual must work well independently and as part of a close knit team of IT professionals to meet goals and deadlines.
- They must be capable of multi-tasking and prioritizing the requests that are asked of them.
- The candidate must be able to lift up to 45 pounds to unpack/pack equipment necessary in performing their day to day responsibilities.
- The candidate must be willing to be part of an on-call rotation which would require weekly after hours and weekend service desk support and maintenance windows.
About Hemenway & Barnes LLP
Hemenway & Barnes LLP is a law firm specializing in the preservation and management of the personal, business, family, and financial assets of its clients. As one of the oldest firms in New England, the people at Hemenway & Barnes have earned a long-held reputation as premier trustees, advisors and attorneys.
Hemenway & Barnes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
We encourage applications from a diverse pool of candidates and base employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications.
We support an inclusive workplace and are committed to creating a welcoming environment for all employees.
If you possess the skills and credentials we are looking for, please submit your resume and cover letter, in strict confidence, for consideration to [email protected]