Human Resources Coordinator
The Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Director of Human Resources while working closely with the Payroll and Benefits Manager. This position will facilitate HR related tasks and projects and perform a variety of administrative duties for the department. Maintains positive contact with attorneys and staff and observes confidentiality of personnel and firm matters.
- Maintain all HR and personnel files, records, processes new hire paperwork, and ensures compliance.
- Assists with preparation of the New Hire Packets for the Director of Human Resources; assists with the onboarding of new employees and helps coordinate meetings for a new hire with department directors.
- Manages updates to the firm’s HR Intranet page with direction from the Director of Human Resources.
- Assists with and tracks the annual evaluation process with direction from the Director of Human Resources.
- Assists with the departure process of all employee terminations.
- Assist Payroll and Benefits Manager with open enrollment process as well as wellness program and other firm events.
- Aids the Talent Specialist with posting of job openings, correspondence to/from candidates, and coordination of interviews when needed.
- Associate degree or better and three to five years on the job experience, ideally in a law firm or professional services setting. Interest in Human Resources Career.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook. Knowledge of Canva and project management software a plus.
- High attention to detail with strong project coordination skills.
- Possess excellent knowledge of proofreading, writing, grammar, and formatting to perform administrative functions and prepare relevant documentation.
- Exhibit high degree of initiative in managing multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, detail-oriented work environment utilizing excellent judgment, administrative abilities, and decision-making skills. Ability to work with frequent interruptions and adapt to changes in workflow.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. Ability to maintain effective relationships with a diverse group of attorneys, staff and external vendors.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain discretion with confidential/sensitive information.
About Hemenway & Barnes LLP:
Hemenway & Barnes LLP is a law firm specializing in the preservation and management of the personal, business, family, and financial assets of its clients. As one of the oldest firms in New England, the people at Hemenway & Barnes have earned a long-held reputation as premier trustees, advisors and attorneys.
Hemenway & Barnes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
We encourage applications from a diverse pool of candidates and base employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications.
We support an inclusive workplace and are committed to creating a welcoming environment for all employees.
If you possess the skills and credentials we are looking for, please submit your resume and cover letter, in strict confidence, for consideration to [email protected]