The Grants Administrator will be a member of the firm’s Philanthropic Advisory Services team that provides a variety of philanthropic advisory services to the firm’s individual and family clients. They will work collaboratively with team members, staff, Trustees and observe confidentiality of client and firm matters.
- Provides day-to-day grants management and database support to ensure data integrity and compliance with IRS and foundation-specific regulations for assigned grants.
- Conducts preliminary research on all potential grantee organizations, including verifying eligibility and regulatory compliance.
- Prepares materials for board meetings of client foundations.
- Implements digital recordkeeping systems that meet legal, auditing, and compliance requirements for individual and foundation clients.
- Tracks reporting requirements and payments for all grants and prepares tax reporting for annual filings.
- Supports the Grants Manager with grant payment and tracking.
- Provides technical support to grant seekers with application and grant report submission through the online grants database.
- Produces reports, responses to inquiries, and grant histories for staff and trustees.
- Communicates internally with program staff and trustees of client foundations.
- Maintains all client and general digital files and recordkeeping.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least two years’ experience in the nonprofit, philanthropic, or equivalent sectors.
- Strong information technology and data management skills, including specific expertise in database and/or grants management
- Knowledge and application of best practices in grants management, including basic understanding of current IRS regulations related to nonprofits and foundations.
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints.
- Outstanding organization and communication skills
About Hemenway & Barnes LLP
Hemenway & Barnes LLP provides legal, fiduciary, family office, and philanthropic advisory services to individuals, families, business owners, and nonprofit organizations. Hemenway & Barnes’ Philanthropic Advisory practice works with individuals, families, foundations, and other giving vehicles to provide philanthropic planning, grant research, strategy, planning, and administrative support to a wide range of clients.
Hemenway & Barnes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
We encourage applications from a diverse pool of candidates and base employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications.
We support an inclusive workplace and are committed to creating a welcoming environment for all employees.
If you possess the skills and credentials we are looking for, please submit your resume and cover letter, in strict confidence, for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org