Director of Office Services and Facilities
Under the direction of the Director of Administration and Finance, the Director of Office Services and Facilities oversees the Legal Administrative Assistant group, facilities services, library services, disaster recovery planning, and daily management of the firm’s and its affiliates’ insurance coverage all while maintaining positive contact with attorneys and staff and observing confidentiality of client and firm matters.
- Supervises Legal Administrative Assistant group, managing time off coverage, attorney and Secretary pairings, coordinating training of new secretaries.
- Manages the Office Services department, including receptionist and is responsible for the development and review of policies and procedures within each area.
- Responsible for reviewing and maintaining all Firm insurance policies including renewal applications (excluding employee benefits coverage) in coordination with the Director of Administration and Finance.
- Maintains Business Continuity plans (“BCDR”), BCDR Outlook contacts, and regularly gathers necessary updates from practice groups and departments. Provides training and recommends procedures to be included in the plan.
- Reviews Library inventory and quarterly reports while also overseeing contract renewals with Westlaw and other significant content providers.
- Conducts analysis of current vendor services and contracts, including suppliers, messenger services, cab companies, snack machines and restaurant services. Negotiates contracts.
- Creates and recommends annual budget for all office and facilities, designated services and related contracts and compensation for secretary group. Reviews and approves invoices. Keeps up to date and reports on budget to actual results at least quarterly.
- Responsible for overall maintenance of office space, including tenant work orders, and requests made to building maintenance.
- Ability to plan for, manage and evaluate the operations and facilities of a professional services firm at a level normally attained through an Associate’s degree in business administration or equivalent experience.
- Ten years of progressively responsible work experience in assisting with management of operations and facilities supporting a law office or other professional service organization.
- Ability to identify and analyze issues and problems, and to recommend and implement solutions.
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints.
About Hemenway & Barnes LLP
Hemenway & Barnes LLP is a law firm specializing in the preservation and management of the personal, business, family, and financial assets of its clients. As one of the oldest firms in New England, the people at Hemenway & Barnes have earned a long-held reputation as premier trustees, advisors and attorneys.
Hemenway & Barnes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
We encourage applications from a diverse pool of candidates and base employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications.
We support an inclusive workplace and are committed to creating a welcoming environment for all employees.
Qualified candidates may send their resume, in confidence, to the address email@example.com.