Advent Software Team Manager
The Advent Software Team Manager is responsible for overseeing the Advent APX, Moxy and Revenue Center systems as well as related report production. Maintains positive contact with attorneys and staff and observes confidentiality of client and firm matters.
- Manage the team and maintain the daily operation of the Advent APX portfolio management and performance system, including but not limited to: update of security prices, indices and security master data. On weekly basis review the position and tax lot reconciliations done by your team.
- Manage the new account opening process, work with internal operations and outside custodians to ensure all accounts are on the APX system and coded correctly, the account is scheduled to be managed, and all documents scanned.
- Manage all trading functions within Moxy. Manage the production and distribution of the weekly investment meeting packages, utilizing Packager. Assume the role of the bond trader, monitoring each client’s bond ladder.
- Manage the entire fee process using Revenue Center, from setting up accounts, to reviewing forecasts, to generating the quarterly fees. Provide custodians with Excel files to upload, and generate the invoices for clients who pay themselves.
- Manage the internal monthly performance return process and report creation, verifying the returns versus various benchmarks and manager returns. Look for enhancements to the audit process to capture and correct out of line asset class returns.
- On a monthly and quarterly basis manage the client Wealth Report production. Be expert at how to group and label accounts, how to create the report bundle in Packager, and how to look for transaction exceptions.
- Become expert backup to the Alternative Asset administrator. This involves capital calls and distributions, updating values and the subscription process.
- Work closely with the Manager of Trust Operations and HTC Director of Operations to support internal audit and exams in gathering data and providing solutions to findings and recommendations set forth in audit reports.
- Responsible for the quarterly 13F and 13H filings, as well as assisting HTC with the New Hampshire Call report filing.
- Continue to enhance and further develop procedures regarding all of the above, with the necessary cross training for all team members.
- Review on an annual basis the performance and development of team members.
- 7+ years of Advent APX (or Axys) and Moxy experience with strong math and analytical skills. Experience with Revenue Center preferred.
- Minimum completion of a Bachelor’s degree with concentrated coursework in accounting, finance or mathematics.
- Strong working knowledge of performance returns and their relation to the equity and fixed income markets.
- SunGard Global Plus experience preferred, not necessary.
- Ability to demonstrate impeccable integrity in personal and fiduciary matters.
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints.
- Interpersonal skills necessary in order to communicate with a diverse group of attorneys and staff and provide information and “customer service” with ordinary courtesy and tact.
About Hemenway & Barnes LLP
Hemenway & Barnes LLP is a law firm specializing in the preservation and management of the personal, business, family, and financial assets of its clients. As one of the oldest firms in New England, the people at Hemenway & Barnes have earned a long-held reputation as premier trustees, advisors and attorneys.
Hemenway & Barnes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
We encourage applications from a diverse pool of candidates and base employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications.
We support an inclusive workplace and are committed to creating a welcoming environment for all employees.
If you possess the skills and credentials we are looking for, please submit your resume and cover letter, in strict confidence, for consideration to email@example.com