The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing comprehensive administrative support to the Director of Administration and Finance. The ideal candidate will have the ability to work independently while performing a wide range of complex and confidential administrative and clerical support duties.
- Provides sophisticated calendar management to the Director. Prioritizes inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts; makes judgements and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day operations.
- Prepares agendas, reports, meeting minutes and other documents in support of the Director.
- Aids in preparing monthly, quarterly and year-end financials.
- Assists the Director of A&F with internal projects, both ad hoc and planned.
- Acts as a liaison to ensure important information is relayed and matters are solved by appropriate parties.
- Exercises discretion and maintains confidentiality in all aspects of the position.
A successful candidate will possess the following skills:
- Excellent organizational and prioritizing capabilities including a pro-active approach and ability to offer and with approval implement constructive suggestions.
- Great judgment and confidentially is required. Ability to identify and analyze issues and problems, and to recommend and implement solutions.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and complete them under time constraints.
- Excellent Microsoft Office knowledge.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
About Hemenway & Barnes LLP:
Hemenway & Barnes LLP is a law firm specializing in the preservation and management of the personal, business, family, and financial assets of its clients. As one of the oldest firms in New England, the people at Hemenway & Barnes have earned a long-held reputation as premier trustees, advisors and attorneys.
Qualified candidates may send their resume, in confidence, to the address firstname.lastname@example.org.