Accounts Receivable Clerk
The Accounts Receivable Clerk is responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate processing of all cash receipts and revenue postings of each day’s total activity to the general ledger. They maintain positive contact with attorneys and staff and observe confidentiality of client and firm matters.
- Reviews and processes all of the firm’s incoming payments by posting on both accounting and online banking systems. This includes all legal and other Hemenway & Barnes income.
- Facilitates the collections process by following up on outstanding A/R and uncollected fees and serving as support to Partners/Counsel as instructed.
- Processes all firm IOLTA/Escrow transactions in accordance with guidelines. This includes deposits, disbursements, transfers, etc.
- Document and monitor outside trustee revenues and ensure that payments are received and receipted as scheduled per the trust agreement. Reconcile, run, and distribute reports on monthly/quarterly basis.
- Knowledge of accounting and financial management principles at a level normally acquired through completion of an accounting degree or equivalent experience.
- Approximately one to three years of on the job experience necessary in order to gain an understanding of accounting policies and procedures.
- Ability to demonstrate impeccable integrity in personal and fiduciary matters.
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks while meeting various deadlines.
- Interpersonal skills necessary in order to communicate with a diverse group of attorneys and staff and external vendors.
About Hemenway & Barnes LLP
Hemenway & Barnes LLP is a law firm specializing in the preservation and management of the personal, business, family, and financial assets of its clients. As one of the oldest firms in New England, the people at Hemenway & Barnes have earned a long-held reputation as premier trustees, advisors and attorneys.
Hemenway & Barnes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
We encourage applications from a diverse pool of candidates and base employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications.
We support an inclusive workplace and are committed to creating a welcoming environment for all employees.
If you possess the skills and credentials we are looking for, please submit your resume and cover letter, in strict confidence, for consideration to [email protected]