Individuals and families with all types of residential real estate have turned to Hemenway & Barnes for generations. Our firm's Real Estate Law Group is a trusted source of counsel for all manner of sophisticated real estate concerns, including:
- Purchases and sales of primary residences
- Construction of vacation homes
- Conservation planning for larger properties
Clients seek the proven, practical experience of the group's members when developing ownership structures for family properties. These kinds of agreements require careful consideration of applicable tax issues, as well as an understanding of the goals and concerns of various family members, often from the perspective of several generations.
- Hemenway & Barnes represented the estate of the owner in the sale of a waterfront property in Manchester, Massachusetts.
- With our assistance, an individual purchaser combined two adjacent condominium units and completely renovated the combined units into a single living quarters.
- A shore-front landowner engaged Hemenway & Barnes to negotiate and draft an agreement with an abutter, which restricted construction times and methods.
- An individual purchaser of a vacation property hired us to obtain the necessary permitting for construction and to draft contracts with the various contractors for the construction of the home.