Legal Counsel : Business Law
Compensation and Equity Participation
Business and individual clients trust our counsel to structure and implement sophisticated compensation and equity arrangements. Our attorneys regularly handle:
- Stock options and restricted stock
- Phantom stock plans
- Stock appreciation rights
- Incentive and performance plans
- Other compensation and equity participation vehicles
Our objective is simple; we help each client, whether an employer, employee or director, negotiate and create their optimum incentive, one that does not compromise the corporation's long-term ownership and control.
- Professional athletes face a multitude of complicated tax issues. Working on behalf of the players associations, we have helped professional athletes in all four major sports leagues navigate the changing and complex rules and regulations of federal, state, and local tax authorities and develop strategies that fit their individual needs.
- A prominent university professor wasn't sure how to handle equity compensation for service on Boards of Directors of public and privately-held companies. Our attorneys helped structure his compensation to the client's advantage.