Gioia Perugini works with individuals, families, advisors, charitable trusts and foundations to provide a range of philanthropic and client services. Her clients rely on her to design and implement charitable giving strategies, research particular charities, negotiate gifts of cash or tangible assets and coordinate family meetings.
- Recently negotiated a significant gift of fine art to a premier cultural institution from a foundation created by the estate of a renowned artist. Worked directly with the trustees and executors to translate the foundation's mission as expressed in the client's will, identified the appropriate charity, completed due diligence on the organization, oversaw appraisals and led negotiations regarding ownership, copyright, reproductions and care of the art.
- Oversees the environmental and arts and culture grant making for Jane's Trust, a charitable trust client that makes significant grants in Massachusetts, northern New England and Florida. Gioia's work includes identifying appropriate charities, conducting due diligence and site visits, communicating with trustees and staffing board meetings.
- Gioia also works with multiple generations of a family client group, consulting both on concierge client services and philanthropic advisory work for individual family members, trustees of family charitable trusts and on special projects such as joint family giving.
Activities and Publications
A frequent speaker, writer and panelist on issues relevant to philanthropy and the nonprofit sector, Gioia has recently been:
- Reviewer, Maine Environmental Funders Network Quality of Place grants initiative, National Trust for Historic Preservation's Partners in Preservation Boston grants, and the Massachusetts Cultural Council's Cultural Facilities Fund grants.
- Presenter, Associated Grant Makers and Maine Philanthropy Center
- Co-author, Family Office Exchange publication, "Sitting on a Nonprofit Board: What to Consider Before Saying Yes."
- Author, "It's All In the Money... Or is it? Creative Strategies for Charitable Giving"
Gioia is active in organizations and philanthropic networks across New England, as well as in the local Brookline Community, including most recently:
- Member, Development Committee, Room to Grow-Boston
- Member, Steering Committee, Maine Environmental Funders Network, a joint program of the Maine Philanthropy Center and the Maine Community Foundation.
- Member, Massachusetts Grantmakers in the Arts
- Co-Chair, Pierce School Parent Teacher Organization
- Member, Brookline Community Foundation, Professional Advisors Committee